Welcome to the 24th edition of My Fortnightly Movie/TV Thoughts . Last fortnight, I reviewed Home Alone (1990). This fortnight, I’m reviewing: Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker (2019), rated M for science fiction violence That of course is the Australian rating; in the United States, it’s rated PG-13 for sci-fi violence and action. As usual, I’ll include the trailer at the end – and a clip, IF I can find one (and this early into this release, that’s no guarantee). WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD. PROCEED AT OWN RISK. Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker The Skywalker Saga has finally come to an end… for the 3rd time! (This is the absolute final time… apparently.) In 1983, it seemed – for years to come – that the saga had finally ended with Return of the Jedi . Then, 16 years later the Prequels came along, and for the better part of a decade it seemed the saga ended with Revenge of the Sith in 2005 (arguably...
The KJV Only movement is a belief on the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible - also known as the Authorised Version (AV) or the Authorised King James Version (AKJV) - that ranges from preferring it over other, later translations, to the belief that it's inspired, perfect, and superior to the original Hebrew & Greek texts, and that all other translations are intentionally corrupt, satanic, and unreliable. The former is of course entirely a matter of personal preference & opinion, and you won't hear criticism of it from me. The latter on the other hand... well, that's the focus of this article. First, some historic background (although most will be at least partly familiar with it: following his coronation as King of England and Ireland in 1604, King James I (VI of Scotland) commissioned a new translation of the Bible into English. The project was handed over to committees - each of which translated a separate portion of the Bible - which separately compl...
Well, today (in Australia) is Christmas Day. Quite possibly THE most popular holiday in the world (although the media’s trying to make horrid Halloween more and more popular). For those of you who celebrate it, I hope you’re having/have a great day. For those of you (like me) for whom it’s just another normal day (and no, that’s not “legalistic”), I hope you’re having/have a great day. Although it’s become lost in modern consumerism, Christmas is claimed to be a celebration of Christ’s birthday – although it’s generally agreed that He wasn’t born on that day. Some of you might remember my post Christmas , in which I argued that it is an appropriated pagan festival (see Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Matthew 5, and Does the Torah Still Apply? ). However, I have since discovered that some of the claims are false. “False” as in I’m seriously questioning my view of Christmas as a pagan festival. I’m going to go through each incorrect (or only partially correct...
Comments
Post a Comment